According to the NIH: “Choosing the right clothing and shoes for the exercise and physical activity you plan to do is important. Make sure your clothes and footwear are both comfortable and safe for you to be active. Try items on to make sure you have the proper fit.
Aside from intended use, another important question to ask is what kind of weather you will be using the shoes in. If your use will be mostly in the summer, or primarily in dry, warm weather, a well-ventilated, lightweight shoe with a lot of mesh in the upper will allow your foot to breathe best.
On the other hand, if you anticipate using your shoes in damp or cold weather, waterproof hiking shoes might be your best option. They’re going to be more forgiving of rainy days and snowy or muddy conditions, although you will pay the price with slightly higher weight (really only a matter of a couple of ounces) and less breathability in warm temperatures. Keep these things in mind as you shop…..
Finding the Right Fitness Shoes
• Choose shoes that are made for the type of physical activity you want to do.
• Look for shoes with flat, non-skid soles, good heel support, enough room for your toes, and a cushioned arch that’s not too high or too thick.
• Make sure the shoes fit well and provide proper support for your feet.
• Check your shoes regularly and replace them when they’re worn out. You need new shoes when the tread is worn out; your feet feel tired after activity; or your shins, knees, or hips hurt after activity.
Choosing the Right Activewear
• Choose clothes that work with your activity. Loose shorts are perfect for basketball, but maybe not for yoga.
• Make sure your exercise clothes are comfortable and let you move easily.
• In cold weather, wear layers, such as a jacket or top over a t-shirt, so you can take off layers as you warm up.
• Wear clothes that let air circulate and moisture evaporate.”
CowSaysMoo.com is an Amazon affiliate and earns small commissions from some of our links. We do our best to associate only with reputable businesses and individuals. When you click on the advertisers' links you are taken away from CowSaysMoo.com and we are not responsible for the content of other websites. Never provide your personal information to any individual or entity that is not independently verified as being legitimate. If you observe any bad links or bad players please let us know and we will ZAP them.